Writing a letter could make all the different. Here’s why we’re asking you to please put pen to paper.
Whether or not our proposal for Heyford Park Pharmacy wins approval from NHS England will depend very largely on the level of need and support shown by Heyford Park residents and patients.
So, if you’d like our plan to happen, please write a letter, sign it, and send it to us, providing you’re also happy for your letter to be passed to NHS England. The proposal has already been refused but we now plan to appeal and any further letters should reach us by Monday 8th March 2021 in order that we may considered them for inclusion with our appeal.
To make it as easy as possible, you can choose to scan or photograph your written and signed letter and send it in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To help get things started, here’s some guidance on things to consider when writing
- You may wish to start off by stating just how disadvantaged you feel because there’s not a pharmacy close to where you live. The NHS must be convinced there is a real NEED for a pharmacy.
- If you find it difficult to get to an existing pharmacy please say exactly why and explain in full detail the problems that this causes you.
- If you have a particular condition that you feel requires a nearer pharmacy than the one you use now then please explain why.
- Please say anything else about how having a new pharmacy in Heyford Park would help you and the difference it would make to your life or the lives of others. Remember the NHS want to know why it should decide there is a real NEED for a pharmary here.
- It’s very important that you please sign your letter.
Finally, do you know of anyone else, or perhaps a Heyford Park community group or organisation, that’s also feeling things aren’t working well because there’s no nearby pharmacy to Heyford Park? If so, please do encourage them to write in too. For example, the Parish Council.
The address for letters by mail is:
The Practice Manager, Alchester Medical Group, Victoria House Surgery, Bicester, OX26 3EU
PLEASE SIGN AND SCAN YOUR LETTER TO OUR EMAIL ADDRESS IF YOU CAN RATHER THAN SENDING IT IN THROUGH THE POST.